Monday, October 27, 2008

The First Rule Of Moneyball Is....



According to a Variety piece, Moneyball, one of my favorite all time books, is being made into a movie, with Brad Pitt to star. That means that the actor who played one of my fictional role models will now play one of my real life role models. My worship is all confused now. But anyway, Pitt appears to be a good choice to play Beane, but I can't help but intersperse scenes from Moneyball with Fight Club in my head. Like Beane throwing a chair into a wall and yelling "YOU ARE NOT A BEAUTIFUL AND UNIQUE SNOWFLAKE, JEREMY BONDERMAN!", or Scott Hatteberg saying "I am jack's picking machine", or Lenny Dykstra beating the crap outta Beane and saying "I wanted to destroy something beautiful"....ok, time to stop the bad Fight Club jokes...now before I make snide remarks on Troy, I shall go....
But god, I wonder how it must feel to actually be played by Brad Pitt...just like walking around, introducing yourself to random women "Hey baby, Brad Pitt played me"

No comments: